Located in the tuscan hills of the province of Pisa and next to the Santa Luce village, Agriturismo dei Setteventi is the ideal place to spend a relaxing holiday in Tuscany, Italy.
In few kilometers our guests can reach ancient medieval villages such as Pomaia, Bolgheri, Volterra, Bibbona, etc.
That’s the reason why, those who love nature and history will love our Farmhouse in Tuscany!
In the beginning, in the XIII century, Santa Luce (Cadolingi castle) was under the jurisdicition of the bishop's of Pisa, who held it under their control for a long time. In 1406, during the ascension of Pisa, this was one of the first castles to make an act of submission to the city of Florence.
The habitat of Santa Luce still maintains its medieval aspect with a circular structure in which the houses are distributed onto different levels under the parrocchial church of Santa Lucia.
In the surrounding area, the antique Pieve of Santa Luce (also called the Pieve of Sant'Angelo or Santa Luce of the Hills) is found, which dates back to the end of the XVIII century. The Pieve, origanlly from the VIII century, was built onto and expanded in the XII century. Today, there is a latin cross and single nave with apse that is the only original part of the primitive structure. On the outside, along the small alley way access to the church, there is the old octagonal baptismal fountain and some prominent parts of the old church. In Pomaia, the Santo Stefano Pieve was restored in 1781.
Pomaia is a little village set among the green hills of Pisa, placed in one of the most beautiful Tuscany countryside. It is a typical Medieval stoned village.
The historical centre is made up of small houses and the only building is in the church square. It is probably the original core.
During the last years, this village has become famous for a Tibetan Buddhist centre, from the same school of Dalai Lama, who has visited the centre several times. In this place of brotherhood and peace, the monks have built a little Tibetan centre, its chorten (stupas or statues), its prayers and its holy paintings.
The visit of the Buddhist centre in Pomaia is a chance of inter-religious meeting.
In Pomaia, a few kilometers from Agriturismo dei Sette Venti, is set a Tibetan Buddhist Institute, several times visited by Dalai Lama himself.
In this place of peace and fraternity, the monks have built a little Tibetan center, its chorten, its prayers and its holy paintings.
The visit of the Buddhist center in Pomaia is a chance of inter-religious meeting; the center organizes courses in Buddhism and other disciplines.
Bolgheri is located on a little height at the end of the famous Cypresses Boulevard that stretches from San Guido. The village is surrounded by woods, plenty of Mediterranean vegetation and a well-tilled plain.
Bolgheri is linked to Castagneto, - its borough - through "Via Bolgherese", a wonderful boulevard become famous as the "Wine Road" for its production of rare wines. Through a mighty arch of a castle you will get into the old village. Indoors, among its ancient lanes and squares, little "shops" spring up. There you may buy the typical products of the area and taste the natural local speciality.
Between 1838 and 1848 Giosuè Carducci lived in Bolgheri, chanted it in its lines and this village became known all over the world.
Situated in the beautiful Cecina River valley, Bibbona retains all the fascination of a medieval village surrounded by green woods and countryside. The wide strip of pinewoods, interrupted only by the fort built by the French in theeighteenth century, defines the boundaries of the four kilometers of town beaches. Worthy of note is the unusual size of the dunes. The residential area of Marina occupies less than one fourth of the adjacent countryside which is still cultivated today.
Much of the landscape is more or less similar to what was passed on to the inhabitants at the time of the drainage of the land. But the pine trees, at the peak of their productive cycle, require consideration and care. The town of Bibbona is now planning to plant more trees to form another strip of pinewoods.
One of the Costa degli Etruschi's most popular holiday resorts, it grew up around an 18th century fort built on the coast to protect against attacks by pirates.
A long, wide sandy beach, sculpted here and there by sand dunes and Mediterranean scrub tombolos, runs between the sea and a splendid thick pine and juniper wood. "Punto Azzurro" serviced public beaches alternate with paid-entry equipped beaches.
Sport, fun and relaxation here are all the ingredients for a holiday to suit everyone's needs.
Lonely on a hill (that has its boundless view from the Appennini up to the Tyrrhenian sea), stern and peaceful at once, this town has a particular glamour that is different from the others.
Once you reach its threshold, you will be impressed by the mighty wall, both of the Medieval times and Etruscan ones, where there are many gates.
The most famous of them is Porta dell'Arco Etrusco (the gate of Etruscan Arch). Indoors you will find remembrances of the severe town of Volterra during the Medieval times. All this is helpful for us to understand the charming of its beauty.